When you’re planning your kids’ birthday parties, you want to pick a theme that’ll have the kids excited to invite all their friends. Need some inspiration? We can hook you up with all the hottest themes.
- Lego: Lego is, of course, classic but the Lego movies have kicked it into high gear. It’s really easy to find Lego, Ninjago, and Lego Batman themed decorations, and a Lego cake is a thing of beauty.
- Cupcake Challenge: Inspire a little friendly competition by providing kids with cupcakes and everything they need to decorate them. Give prizes for the most creative, most decorated, most delicious, and any other superlative you can imagine.
- Seuss: It’s impossible not to have fun when you dress the party in a Dr. Seuss theme. Incorporate Seussical foods like Moose Juice and Goose Juice, set up some party games like Pin the Star on the Sneech, create a photo booth incorporating Lorax mustaches and Cat in the Hat Hats, and you’ll have a hit on your hands.
- Doge: Ask any tween, and you’ll find out that this Shiba Inu meme is hot this year. A quick Etsy search is all you need to find the signs, cards, cookie cutters, stickers and more to make this “so birthday” “much celebrate.”
- Movie Magic: Harry Potter, Star Wars, Moana, Trolls, Frozen, and just about any superhero movie you can name- these have all been hot and they’re going to stay hot! What’s your kid’s favorite? They’re so popular that it’s easy to find everything you need at the local party supply store to make your party a blockbuster.
- Mad Scientist: What’s more fun than bubbling test tubes and experimental concoctions? Mad scientist punch, complete with dry ice.
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse: Mickey and Minnie are classics that never get old. The red, white and black color scheme makes it easy to style your party, and you can incorporate the iconic ear shape into all kinds of tasty treats.
- Pizza Party: What’s better than an old-fashioned pizza party? A DIY pizza party! Provide kids with dough and toppings, and making their own pizzas will entertain them for quite a while.
- Instagram Party: For the ultra-hip kiddo, an Instagram party may be just the thing. The logo is easy enough to duplicate for signage and even treats, and when you set out some fun photo booth props, you’ll soon have the kids snapping away
- Unicorn: Unicorns have never been hotter. It’s hard to step foot into a party or craft store without tripping over all things unicorn, which makes it super easy to create an amazing unicorn party.
- Emojis: Smilies, LOL, and who would have thought the poop emoji would be so popular. Emojis are everywhere, and how hard would it be to make a cake that’s circular, yellow, and features your favorite emoji expression?
- Trolls: Trolls are back, and we can’t stop the feeling! In addition to being fun, and delightful for decorating because of all the colors, Trolls are perfect for a party, because the movie soundtrack makes for a ready-made party mix, and the dolls are perfect favors.
- Fairies and Mermaids: Like Cowboys and Pirates, these have never really gone out of style, but they’re huge right now. Use your imagination, get inspiration from just about any store, and make your child’s party magical.
The ultimate kids’ party? A BounceU party! At BounceU, we love kids! That’s why we’ve created the best private party place in the universe, where families and friends can get together and go a little wild. We specialize in creating stress-free, unique, and exhilarating parties that make your child feel like a VIP. Whether you’ve got a special event on the horizon or just want to come in for an Open Bounce, call us at (631) 777-5867 or visit our website to see what makes BounceU so special.
Are your kids getting enough exercise? With long school days, limited recess time, and pure devotion to devices, many American kids are living lives that are far more sedentary than the lives of children in prior generations. Why is exercise so important, and how much do kids really need?
Exercise helps prevent childhood obesity, but it has many more benefits than that. Kids who get regular exercise have stronger muscles and bones, a healthier heart, and better sleep. Exercise can lower blood pressure, decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes, and even improve a child’s outlook on life.
Here’s the good news: Kids naturally get the right kind of exercise when they’re allowed to play. They run, they jump, they climb, they cross the monkey bars and they touch their toes. They develop endurance, strength, and flexibility, just by having the opportunity to run around and play.
How much exercise do kids need? Toddlers need about 90 minutes per day, while preschoolers should get about two hours of exercise. It’s good to mix planned and unstructured activity, to make sure they’re being physical enough in their play. School-aged children are encouraged to get at least 60 minutes of physical exercise each day, and that can be broken down into 15-minute intervals if it’s hard to work that much activity into the schedule.
So how do you get your kids to exercise? This can be a challenge when they’re worn out from school or don’t want to put down the tablet or turn off the television.
- Encourage extracurricular activities. Team sports, cheerleading, dance, gymnastics, swimming, or riding horseback are just a few examples of physical activities you can schedule for your kids after school. They won’t just get valuable exercise, they’ll also have fun and l
- earn new skills
- Make it a family affair. Walk the dog, take a bike ride, or shoot some hoops in the driveway. When you exercise as a family you’re modeling good behavior while you help your child stay active.
- Bring along some friends. For kids, just about every activity is better when a friend can tag along. Make your playdates active, taking the kids to the pool or park, or even just letting them play in the backyard.
- Get out into nature. Visit parks, walk in the woods, go to the beach or the lake. Spending time in the great outdoors is beneficial in many ways, and when you’re getting exercise it’s even better for you.
- Make it fun. No matter what activity you introduce to your children, if it’s not fun it’s not going to be something they want to do again and again. Keep trying different activities, and eventually, you will learn what your kids enjoy and will participate in willingly and consistently.
If you’re looking for a fun way to get kids to exercise, look to BounceU for good, healthy fun. At BounceU, we love kids! That’s why we’ve created the best private party place in the universe, where families and friends can get together and go a little wild. We specialize in creating stress-free, unique, and exhilarating parties that make your child feel like a VIP. Whether you’ve got a special event on the horizon or just want to come in for an Open Bounce, call us at (631) 777-5867 or visit our website to see what makes BounceU so special.
Let’s be real, first birthday parties are really for the parents. Still giddy with excitement over our new-to-the-world offspring, we want to share the joy of successfully getting them through that harrowing first year of life. It’s got to be perfect, doesn’t it? You want it to be the Pinterest-worthy party to end all parties: a party so spectacular that you’ll have to rent a pony or hire a skywriter to make the subsequent birthdays measure up.
- Teddy Bear Picnic: Whether you want to go full on Winnie the Pooh or opt for generic bears, it’s pretty universal that kids love teddy bears. Decorate with plenty of stuffed bears, picnic baskets, and red and white checkered tablecloths, and you’ll have tons of great photo ops. You can bring the outside in, hanging a yellow sun lantern and fluffy clouds made of cotton batting on paper lanterns, and placing flowers on every surface. For food? Standard picnic fare, but heavy on things that tie in the bear theme, like teddy grahams and brightly colored berries.
- Rubber Ducky Party: Almost all toddlers enjoy a good rubber ducky, and they’re so cute that they make a really fun party theme. You can get a wide variety of duckies now, from pirates to ninjas to circus clowns, and they make great party favors, but the yellow ones are still the classic favorite. Decorating for a rubber ducky party can involve bubbles and metal washtubs, which make for some pretty cute photos of your brand new one-year-old.
- Sesame Street Soiree: There’s a reason Sesame Street has endured for nearly 50 years. The characters are loveable and varied enough to make it easy for everyone to have a favorite. What’s especially great when you’re throwing a party is that it’s easy to incorporate the Sesame Street Muppets into your décor. Use googly eyes to turn tissue paper puffs into friendly faces, turn brightly colored favor bags into favorite Muppets, and decorate your cake or cupcakes in the Sesame Street theme. Serve brightly colored foods, and don’t forget the cookies!
- Trolls Celebration: What’s not to love about the Trolls movies? Bright colors, bouncy songs, and loveable characters are appealing to even the littlest kids. The possibilities for décor are nearly limitless, and it’s fun to find creative ways to prepare food in all the colors of the rainbow. Party favors are easy, too, because of all the adorable dolls that go along with the movies.
- Anything Animals: Circus animals, jungle animals, zoo animals, and even favorite pets or stuffed animals lend themselves beautifully to a first birthday theme. It’s easy to decorate, using stencils and stuffies, the food can be anything you want that’s bright and colorful, and choosing your little one’s favorite animal means
Next year, if you really want to top this year, hold your party at BounceU. Suitable for kids 18 months and up, BounceU is the perfect place to make the second birthday even more memorable than the first, because, at BounceU, we love kids! That’s why we’ve created the best private party place in the universe, where families and friends can get together and go a little wild. We specialize in creating stress-free, unique, and exhilarating parties that make your child feel like a VIP. Whether you’ve got a special event on the horizon or just want to come in for an Open Bounce, call us at (631) 777-5867 or visit our website to see what makes BounceU so special.
It seems almost unnecessary to say that children need to play because it seems like a given. But is it? These days, there’s so much pressure for kids to do well in school, and life in the United States is so harried and hectic, sometimes there’s just not enough time for play. Does that matter?
The answer is, emphatically, yes. Play is beneficial for children in so many ways that it’s alarming when they don’t have enough of an opportunity to spend time playing. When children play, they develop in mind, body, and spirit.
- Children learn through play. It’s been said that play is the work of childhood, and it’s true. When children are playing they are developing skills necessary for literacy, science, and math skills, and building their vocabulary. They strengthen their imaginations, and model adult behavior, learning skills they need for the future.
- Play with others helps social development. As they play together, children learn how to interact and resolve conflict. They also learn social skills like working as a team and making decisions. Bonds are formed, creativity is sparked, and a sense of community develops.
- Active play promotes health and well-being. Physical activity strengthens bones and muscles, makes the heart healthier, and protects against obesity. It can also boost a child’s mood and give him or her a more positive outlook on life.
- Free play gives kids a healthy outlet. Through play, children express their emotions and work out their problems. They can create fantasies that help them work through things that are troubling them, and learn to think creatively.
- Play allows kids to learn about the world and their place in it. Exploring the world through play helps children to understand it, and as they play they learn about themselves. Play helps kids develop all five senses, and gives them the opportunity to test new ideas and find answers to questions they have about their world.
At BounceU, we love kids! That’s why we’ve created the best private party place in the universe, where families and friends can get together and go a little wild. We specialize in creating stress-free, unique, and exhilarating parties that make your child feel like a VIP. Whether you’ve got a special event on the horizon or just want to come in for an Open Bounce, call us at (631) 777-5867 or visit our website to see what makes BounceU so special.